Benefit compliance is ever-changing and complex. Trying to keep up and comply with state and federal employee benefit regulations can be daunting. We stay atop of new laws and regulations and endeavor to understand not just the rules, but how they will affect our clients on a practical level. Our Benefit teams work with our clients to keep them apprised of the rules that affect them, and to efficiently and pragmatically resolve their compliance issues.
Keeping Compliance Manageable
SullivanCurtisMonroe is committed to helping you with complex legal compliance, using a variety of internal and external resources.
- Affiliations and memberships: National Association of Health Underwriters, International Foundation of Employee Benefits, Employee Benefits Council, National Healthcare Conference
- Legislative Guides: Complete guides include COBRA, HIPAA, HIPAA Privacy, Section 125, and FMLA
- Legislative Briefs: SCM provides our clients with the exclusive Legislative Brief publication, which summarizes recent legislative developments in insurance and employee benefits.
- With the assistance of our legal counsel, we will provide quarterly updates on both the state and federal level that includes changes to existing laws, newly passed legislation, as well as bills under consideration.
Compliance Review Program
SullivanCurtisMonroe’s Compliance Review Program was created to assist Employers in maintaining their benefits program compliance, identify areas of concern, and offer solutions and resources. Our compliance professionals will provide each client with an Executive Summary of our findings, including a recap of each of the review areas. We will also include instructions on how to correct any compliance issues and provide samples of forms, notices and disclosures, as applicable. Areas of review include:
- Benefits Administration
- Eligibility provisions
- Employee Communications
- Insurance Contracts
- Life & Disability Insurance Administration
- Leave of Absence Administration
- COBRA Administration
- Flexible Spending Account Administration
- Notices and Disclosures
- Plan Documents & Summary Plan Descriptions
- Form 5500 Filing
“SullivanCurtisMonroe is extremely professional, dependable and responsive. They will look out for the best interest of the company, their client.”
V.P. of Human Resources, Senior Housing